Household Hazardous Waste & Universal Waste
Do Not Place in Cans, Dumpsters, Drop Boxes or Compactors
Flammable and Paint Related Materials
- Oil-based paints, stains and wood treatments
- Solvents, thinners, and paint removers
- Adhesives, sealants, grouts and cement
- Aerosol cans and compressed gas cylinders
- Latex and water-based paints (unless totally dry)
- TVs and computer nonitors
- Florescent bulbs and amps
- Mercury containing items; i.e., thermostats, switches, relays
- Electronic Waste; i.e., all computer components, TVs, stereos, radios, telephones, cell phones, hand-held electronics, VCRS, CD players, cameras, answering machines and items containing elements with metals like copper, lead, cadmium or chromium
- Transformers and ballasts (PCBs)
Automobile products, i.e., brake and carburetor cleaner
- Motor oil, hydraulic oil, grease
Household Chemical Products
- Cleaners and polishes, acids and bases
- Pesticides, insecticides and herbicides
- Photo processing chemicals
- Products labeled CAUTION, WARNING, DANGER or POISON should not be disposed of in the garbage
Who All residents - in the service area, call 530.295.3003 for information.
Businesses call 530.295.3011 to apply to set up an account. EPA number required. Businesses with accounts call 530.642.9236 for an appointment.
What Hazardous Waste - Up to 5 Gallons or 50 lbs. per visit.
Universal Wastes - mercury items, florescent lamps, household batteries,
e-waste. Material should be in containers, sealed with a lid and labeled, if known. Containers are not returned, except oil recycling containers.
Fees No charge for residential Household Hazardous and Universal Waste
Minimal fees apply for small quantity business generators
When Hazardous Waste and most Universal Wastes
ONLY - Fridays - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Clean, used motor oil, car batteries and electronic waste - normal residential volumes are accepted during all Transfer Station hours of operation
Where Western El Dorado Recovery Transfer Station, 4100 Throwita Way, Placerville - 530.295.3003
Do not deposit hazardous or universal waste without an attendant
- No 55 gal drums containing liquid or solids.